tisdag 22 december 2009

I-D Magazine läggs ner

I-D magaine läggs ner efter 55 års publikationer. Tidningen rörde ämnen som design, mode, konst, musik och ungdomskultur i allmänhet.

Statement for External Release December 15, 2009

"To Readers, Advertisers and Friends of I.D. Magazine:

Since 1954, I.D. Magazine has served as one of America's leading critical magazines covering the art, business, and culture of design. Today it is with regret that we announce its closure. The January/February issue of I.D. will be its last; subscribers to I.D. will receive Print magazine for the balance of their subscription.

Ceasing publication of an iconic brand like I.D. is never an easy decision, but there are several forces that have worked against its sustainability. Certainly the downturn in print advertising has contributed to this decision, but other factors include the fragmentation and specialized information needs of I.D.'s core readers (product designers) and the plethora of information resources available to them – some for free (online and B2B) and others that are highly specialized and targeted to specific industries served..."













Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar